Most Recently Updated Caribbean Blogs

Help Me!

Posted on
  • Monday, March 9, 2009
  • by
  • J.M
  • in
  • Labels: , , ,
  • I know, I know, Ive been lax. I let January, and February slip by before putting another blogger under the spotlight. And look, March is sneaking out too!

    So a blog that I like a whole lot is sapodilla.blogspot, written by the best story teller since Miss Lou. She might be better than Miss Lou, because Miss Lou had the benefit of a musical voice, a sparkling smile and a magnetic stage presence. Guyana Gyal may have all of these too, I don't know, I've never seen her on stage or even seen a picture of her, nor have I hear her voice. But the thing is, she does all her story telling with the written word alone. And she is fabulous. One of my favorites from GG is Unspectacularness from last September and another is A Strange Occurence from July, although I enjoy just about everything she writes.

    Maybe you have other ideas about what is fabulous blogging. Great! Help me administer this site, you can tell I need help, the last post was done in December, and I haven't listed any new blogs until just now. Just send me an email at jaltheasmith@yahoo.com.

    If you'd like to get listed on here just leave a comment to that effect and I'll get to it. Eventually.

    7 comments:

    neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

    Them there words is just so lovely, I don't know how to take it all in right now.

    You're so kind, Jacqueline. Thank you!

    I don't think I could ever have the stage presence of Miss Lou, she was so glorious.

    I know who next should be here, I will email as soon as I can.

    Will said...

    i LOVE GG...:-)

    SBT said...

    This is a very cool idea; I hope you find the help you need to keep it up. I'm a good brainstormer; if you want someone to bounce ideas off of to help you in your search, drop me a line.

    Dr. Mathews said...

    I have a new blog which might be of interest only to academics (historians) - http://latincaribliograph.blogspot.com
    and did you list this one?
    http://repeatingislands.com/

    d said...

    Hi I'm from Trinidad and I have a blog about the Caribbean. Focusing on travel, fashion, style and culture of the Caribbean.
    This is an amazing idea you have and I would love to help you out. I'll message you.

    Talie Ayiti said...

    Hi, I'm from Haiti. I have a blog which is mostly about Haiti. I have 2 series I'm currently working on: one is called "Memoirs of an International Student" telling different stories of my experience as a foreign student in the U.S. and the other is following the current Haiti elections. http://talieayiti.blogspot.com

    Nick Sutherland said...

    I have started a blog which carries commentary and editorials with a lot of content from the Caribbean. I'm based in Jamaica.

    radarblender.blogspot.com has a news page , editorial page and the home pages features some of my articles and others I find interesting. You'll find articles on government, religion and pop culture.
    It's relatively new and still a work in progress. Looking forward to your feedback

    Post a Comment

     
    Copyright (c) 2010 Blogger templates by Bloggermint